I set him up with a free subdomain from No-IP. The address used to be edmund.servepics.com. I couldn’t fault the service from No-IP, but unfortunately free domains don’t only attract impoverished teenage photographers. They attract spammers and phishers, too.
As a result, the entire servepics.com subdomain is blacklisted by:
- MSN Messenger. Sending a message including a link to his blog is blocked for an “unknown reason”.
- Bristol University’s malicious content filtering.
- My blogs. Any comments or links from his blog are automatically sent to spam, no matter how many times I mark it as not spam.
- Everyone’s email servers. Any email from this domain is binned by most email providers.
- Countless other people and services who don’t like online criminals.
So I decided it was time he became a man, and I signed him up for his own domain. You can now see his photos at www.edmundgazeley.co.uk. Enjoy!