I set it to track my journey to work (Speedwell – Clifton) and was quite interested by the elevation graph in particular. (N.B. this route is slightly shorter than my usual one, since the Bristol-Bath cycle path is currently closed near Lodge Causeway, so I’ve been taking a shortcut on main roads).
I’ve included some iPhone screenshots of my results:
- I start at home, taking the roads
- At 2km, I join the Bristol-Bath cycle path at Rose Green Rd. You can see a dip in my speed where I stop and push my bike through the gate.
- Most of the cycle path is gently downhill towards the city centre
- At 5km, I reach the end of the cycle path and proceed through Old Market. It’s a bit stop-start in traffic.
- From 6km onwards, it’s a steady uphill climb (Woodland Road today, sometimes St Michael’s Hill instead) from about 85m to almost 160m above sea level!