I’ve had a few different inexpensive telescopes that I wasn’t particularly attached to.
My current setup is designed around deep-sky astrophotography rather than visual observation. However, I’m not ready to completely give up visual observation so I decided to go for a decent coma-corrected Newtonian rather than an apochromatic refractor.
- GSO 6″ f/5 Newtonian telescope
- Celestron Advanced VX mount
- Canon EOS 600D camera, modified for full-spectrum
- Various Astronomik Clip photographic filters
- Celestron NexGuide autoguider
- TS Optics 60mm guide scope
- GSO 6×30 finder scope
- Various eyepieces
- Home-made lead acid battery pack
- Bahtinov focus mask
One of these days, I’ll set up the telescope and its accessories in daylight so I can photograph it.
Read more in the astronomy section of my blog